- In-vogue beverages 2018 – The growing demand for drinks without alcohol
According to the latest research from Mintel, non or low-alcoholic beverages, particularly beer, wine and spirits, are seeing dynamic growth in the UK.
Friday September 14, 2018
- Hotel laundry – in-house or outsourced
We asked our Cleanline Expert Rod Hale ‘What are the pros and cons of hospitality operators outsourcing their laundry?’
Thursday September 13, 2018
- Bakery sector ‘proving’ to be a hit with consumers
Thanks to hit baking television shows like Great British Bake Off and Nailed it people have an increased appetite for baked goods.
Tuesday September 11, 2018
- Cuisines from around the world – Portuguese peri peri chicken
Reported recently by the Telegraph, Portuguese delicacies are popping up in restaurants, supper clubs and bakeries all over the UK.
Tuesday September 4, 2018
- What is ‘dirty’ vegan food – and why is it so popular?
When many people think of vegan food they presume boring, bland and beige, however that’s no longer the case.
Friday August 31, 2018
- Why can’t we seem to say goodbye to poor hand hygiene
Why is hand hygiene compliance still such an issue in the healthcare setting?
Wednesday August 29, 2018
- Is The Only Way Forward a Tax on Plastic?
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Will Treasury taxes on single use packaging products really fix the problem and help to resolve the Ocean Plastic crisis?’
Tuesday August 28, 2018
- In-vogue beverages 2018 – The rise of independent breweries
The craft beer industry is moving at a considerable pace, with new releases, on-trend styles and innovative serves appearing all the time.
Thursday August 23, 2018
- Cuisines from around the world: Sweet and sour dishes from the Philippines
With a punchy combination of sweet, salty and sour flavours, we expect dishes from the Philippines to make a big splash on restaurant menus in 2018.
Wednesday August 15, 2018
- How the avoid the spread of foodborne illness in a catering and hospitality operation
According to the Food Standard Agency (FSA) over half a million people in the UK are affected by foodborne illness every year.
Wednesday August 8, 2018
- Good kitchen hygiene – five top tips
We asked our Cleanline expert, Rod Hale, ‘what top tips would you give foodservice operators to make sure they are maintaining a high level of hygiene in the kitchen?’
Friday August 3, 2018
- Activated charcoal – the new must have ingredient!
Forget rainbow food – pitch-black food (and beverages!) has arrived, and it’s sweeping the internet.
Tuesday July 31, 2018
- The Material Responsible Economy
We asked our Sustainability expert, Joanna Gilroy, ‘What is material responsibility – and how can it help foodservice operators switch their packaging products to a more sustainable option?’
Tuesday July 24, 2018
- The sustainable attributes of RPET foodservice packaging
One material that is often used in foodservice packaging, and is highly regarded as a sustainable material type, is RPET plastic.
Wednesday July 18, 2018
- In-vogue beverages 2018 – There’s so mushroom for this new superfood latte
Popping-up on drinks menus around the world, colourful superfood lattes offer appealing health benefits and are gaining popularity with consumers who desire a healthy energy-boost without the caffeine.
Tuesday July 17, 2018
- The gleaming benefits of Cleanline cleaning products
The advantage of being a distributor of cleaning products is that we are not tied to any one brand, which means that we can cherry-pick the best possible cleaning products from more than one manufacturer.
Tuesday July 3, 2018
- The rise of luxury take-away
Meal delivery has expanded from primarily a service for consumers at home, to delivering to individuals at their workplace and even corporate meal delivery.
Monday June 25, 2018
- Did you know that drinks can contain gluten too?
In the UK it is now said that up to a third of adults are completely avoiding gluten, due to health reasons, and numbers are growing rapidly.
Friday June 22, 2018
- Cuisines from around the world: Fabulously spiced dishes from Jamaica
According to Mintel, Jamaican food featured on 34 per cent more menus in 2017 than in 2016 and is expected to rise a further 15 per cent in 2018.
Tuesday June 19, 2018
- Sustainable Future factsheet explores sustainable options on paper hot cups
Launched this week, our latest Sustainable Future factsheet presents a recommendation on the most environmentally responsible paper cup solution.
Thursday June 14, 2018
- A clean hotel will improve guest feedback
We asked our Cleanline expert Rod Hale ‘Why is it crucial for hotels to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and what’s the best way to achieve it?’
Thursday June 7, 2018
- In-vogue beverages 2018 – The drink that is loved so matcha by many!
According to the latest Google Beverage trends report, tea lattes are all-set to be the most popular hot (or cold) drink for 2018. Searches on Google for the term ‘tea latte’ have increased by 42 per cent since 2014.
Wednesday May 30, 2018
- The must-ask questions on Sustainable foodservice packaging
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘How does a foodservice operator identify innovative foodservice packaging solutions that are truly sustainable, when disposed of in their current waste management system?’
Tuesday May 15, 2018
- How keeping your commercial dishwasher in top condition can expand its life
In our latest Clean and Simple blog we asked our Cleanline expert ‘How can catering and hospitality operators give their commercial dishwasher a long and healthy life?’
Friday May 11, 2018
- Back-of-house food safety – FIR compliance and labelling
As part of the Food Information Regulations (FIR) introduced in December 2014, foodservice operators are required to provide information on the 14 major allergens if they are present in the food they serve.
Monday April 30, 2018
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox