- Collaborative cup recycling
Our supplier of disposables and food packaging Huhtamaki on their collaborative cup recycling projects.
Thursday January 31, 2019
- Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division Conference 2019 at Celtic Manor Resort
The Bunzl Catering & Hospitality divisional conference was held on Friday 18 January at the Celtic Manor Resort.
Tuesday January 22, 2019
- FPA calls for an end to the term biodegradable
Following soundings with the UK packaging sector FPA is calling for an end to the description ’biodegradable’.
Friday November 23, 2018
- Bunzl plc joins with industry leaders to support #LeedsByExample
As part of Bunzl plc, we will be supporting Hubbub’s #LeedsByExample campaign.
Friday October 12, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies sponsor award category at the Hotel Cateys 2018
Bunzl Catering Supplies will be sponsoring an award category at the Hotel Cateys 2018.
Monday October 8, 2018
- Sustainable Future 2018 e-brochure launches with a commitment to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Our Sustainable Future 2018 e-brochure launches with a commitment to UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Wednesday September 26, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies sponsor award category at the Foodservice Cateys 2018
Bunzl Catering Supplies sponsor the Catering Manager of the year award category at the Foodservice Cateys 2018.
Friday September 21, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies present Sustainable Future at Catering Equipment Expo 2018
This year, Bunzl Catering Supplies will be joining the Catering Equipment Expo with the theme of ‘Sustainable Future’.
Tuesday September 18, 2018
- Celebrate Christmas with a festively-dressed dining environment
Christmas might seem far off, but according to the news website Huffington Post, July is the perfect time to start preparing for the festive season.
Wednesday June 27, 2018
- Christmas brochure set to delight foodservice operators
To help our customers prepare for the festive season early we have launched our 2018 Christmas & New Year brochure, which is available in a printed or e-brochure format.
Wednesday June 13, 2018
- ‘Sustainable Future Sandwich Packaging Factsheet’ launched for #British Sandwich Week 2018
British Sandwich Week takes place this week in the UK (20-27 May 2018) and it’s a celebration of one of the nation’s favourite fast foods, and quite possibly the most iconic British culinary invention – the sandwich.
Wednesday May 23, 2018
- Our People: Emma Powell – trekking through the Vietnamese jungle
On 13 March 2018, 27 volunteers from businesses in the catering and hospitality industry began a once in a lifetime trek with charity Springboard to help a local community in Vietnam.
Monday April 16, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies shortlisted for the Footprint Awards 2018
The shortlist for the Footprint Awards 2018 has been announced and we’re excited to report that Bunzl Catering Supplies is shortlisted for the Stakeholder Engagement Award category.
Wednesday April 11, 2018
- It’s time we talked about microbeads in skin care
On the 9 January 2018 a ban on the manufacture of products containing microbeads came into force in the UK – a landmark step in the introduction of one of the world’s toughest bans on these harmful pieces of plastic.
Monday March 5, 2018
- An illustration of the value of auto-dosed drain cleaning systems
Clean and simple: a series of blogs from Cleanline expert Rod Hale. We asked our Cleanline expert ‘Why is it important for commercial kitchens to have an auto-dosed drain cleaning system installed?’ And here’s what he told us… Insects aren’t usually very welcome in catering environments, but if you ever get the chance to be […]
Thursday February 22, 2018
- Overcoming the Single-use Mindset
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘What is a single-use mindset and why is it important that operators in the catering and hospitality industry overcome it?’ And here’s what she told us… Since the airing of the British nature documentary series on marine life, Blue Planet II, the […]
Wednesday February 21, 2018
- Increasing demand for eco-friendly cleaning products
Sales of eco-friendly household products are increasing as consumers look to natural cleaning products to add some sparkle to their homes, while reducing their environmental impact. The market research firm Mintel recently revealed that eco-friendly cleaning products account for 30 per cent of the household cleaners market, increasing by 15 per cent since 2013. This […]
Friday February 16, 2018
- Healthy eating and indulgent foods big in 2017, so what’s next in 2018?
In 2017, we explored the latest trends in the take-out food market via a series of bi-monthly blogs. From Tempura and Bento boxes to fried chicken sandwiches and spiralised vegetables – our blogs revealed the latest must-have dishes, with helpful advice on how to package them for consumption on-the-go. As we reflect on the trends […]
Thursday February 15, 2018
- Cleanline e-learning website re-branded and re-launched in 2018
The Cleanline e-learning website has been re-branded and re-launched, providing up-to-date COSHH awareness training in line with the current classification, labelling, and packaging regulation (CLP) and an expanded product resource section – now providing advice and safety information on over 46 Cleanline cleaning products. The CLP regulation ensures that the hazards presented by chemicals (including […]
Monday February 12, 2018
- Customers seeking a more environmentally friendly packaging solution
The nation’s love affair with food and drink on-the-go continues. A recent piece of research from global market research firm Mintel indicates that the on-the-go food and drink market could be worth £23.5billion by 2022. This growth is partly down to innovative menu development, inspired by consumer trends towards healthy foods, with adventurous, global flavours. […]
Wednesday January 31, 2018
- The history of cleaning products
Clean and simple: a series of blogs from Cleanline expert Rod Hale. We asked our Cleanline expert ‘How have cleaning products evolved over time?’ And here’s what he told us… 4,500 years ago in Babylon a diligent scribe was rather impressed with a practice he’d witnessed known as washing. He promptly took up is his […]
Thursday January 25, 2018
- Conference Summary: Bunzl Catering Supplies – Celebrating Our People
The Bunzl Catering & Hospitality divisional conference was held on Friday 19 January at the Beaumont Estate; a spa and leisure hotel and resort in Windsor, Berkshire. The resort is an 18th-century mansion with a royal history. Over 450 delegates from Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, and our key partner suppliers, gathered to hear the […]
Wednesday January 24, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies to continue sustainability drive in 2018
Throughout 2017 Bunzl Catering Supplies pioneered a broad range of sustainability initiatives including our first ever Sustainable Future e-brochure, the Square Mile Challenge with Simply Cups, and sponsorship of the waste2zero awards. These industry-leading projects demonstrate our strong and ongoing commitment to reduce the impact of waste in our business and in the foodservice industry. […]
Tuesday January 23, 2018
- Dart Products Europe introduce Diner-Pak™ containers and lids
According to the Takeaway Economy Report, which uses data compiled by The Centre for Economics and Business Research, spending on takeaway food grew by 34 per cent between 2009 and 2016 – to £9.9 billion – and now equates to 12.1 per cent of total spending on food.
Tuesday January 16, 2018
- Our People: The Tamworth charity team – helping local people in need
In 2016, a group of 6 employees based at our National Distribution Centre in Tamworth, formed a charity team, to brainstorm and implement fundraising activities to support a variety of local charities. In 2017, the group…
Monday January 8, 2018
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox