- Sustainable Future factsheet explaining restriction on plastic straws and ban on stirrers is updated after Covid-19 delays implementation.
Updated factsheet on The Environmental Protection Regulations 2020 restricting the use of plastic straws and banning plastic stirrers.
Friday August 21, 2020
- Bunzl Catering Supplies publish dedicated resources to help catering and hospitality operators get back to work safely and sustainably.
As hospitality operators reopen from 4 July, we’ve published a Covid-19 ‘back to work’ guide and essentials product brochure.
Monday July 6, 2020
- Sustainable Future: Why a transparent, national approach is required to end the confusion that exists around recycling in public spaces and at home.
National funding is crucial to create a lasting and successful transition away from a linear approach to the way we use materials.
Monday February 24, 2020
- New Sustainable Future factsheet explains the ban on plastic straws and stirrers and how it will affect operators in the catering and hospitality industry.
A new factsheet that explains to customers the implications of the forthcoming EU and UK legislation that will ban or severely restrict the use of single use plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds.
Wednesday January 22, 2020
- Sustainable Future: How can we ensure we embed only credible, sustainable single-use food packaging solutions into the catering and hospitality industry?
We advise customers to embed only credible, sustainable packaging alternatives, as BBC News article warns that consumer pressure to end plastic packaging could actually harm environment.
Friday January 10, 2020
- Sustainable Future: Why we must ask robust questions of single-use food packaging marketed as ‘biodegradable’ or ‘plastic-free’
Why we must ask robust questions of single-use food packaging marketed as ‘biodegradable’ or ‘plastic-free’ before introducing them into a catering operation.
Tuesday December 31, 2019
- New factsheets on how food packaging legislation affects catering operators
Three new factsheets on single-use food packaging explain how latest legislation affects operators in the catering and hospitality industry.
Friday August 23, 2019
- Hottest free-from dishes 2019 – Is seitan the perfect alternative to meat?
Plant-based foods have been experiencing growth throughout 2019 thanks to the growing number of people becoming vegan and vegetarian.
Thursday July 18, 2019
- Oat milk – the dairy free alternative that tastes just like cow’s milk.
Oat milk is an extremely popular non-dairy, vegan milk substitute that is made from oats and water.
Friday June 21, 2019
- Sustainable Future: The Circular Economy and what it means for how we work together.
Sustainable Future: The Circular Economy and what it means for how we work together.
Tuesday June 18, 2019
- Dessert innovations 2019 – Flavourful and boozy alcohol infused ice cream.
The ice cream category is currently worth £342m in the UK alone, with significant and steady growth of 5 per cent year on year.
Thursday June 6, 2019
- Hottest free-from dishes 2019 – Meat-free burgers that taste just like the real thing.
Whether it’s for health, environmental or ethical concerns, the world’s appetite for vegan food is increasing.
Wednesday May 29, 2019
- Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Monday May 20, 2019
- Dessert innovations 2019 – the delicious sweet crispy treat, fried milk
Fried milk is a centuries old Spanish dessert, which is solidified sweet milk coated in breadcrumbs.
Tuesday April 30, 2019
- Open top sandwiches – The Czech trend with worldwide appeal
Recently we have seen a reinvention of the humble sandwich with the open top sandwich trend.
Wednesday April 17, 2019
- How compostable packaging products are technically plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Is compostable packaging the best alternative to plastic packaging in catering and hospitality?’
Friday April 5, 2019
- Hottest free-from dishes 2019 – the indulgent macaroni cheese without dairy
According to the Global Vegan Cheese Market 2019-2023 report, the vegan cheese market is valued at $8 billion in 2018.
Thursday April 4, 2019
- The nation’s favourite breakfast
A recent nationwide poll conducted by the AA (The Automobile Association) has revealed that cereal is the UK’s favourite breakfast.
Thursday March 28, 2019
- Kefir – The fermented drink that’s caught the attention of health-conscious consumers
Fermented food and drink are becoming extremely popular due to its potential benefits to health.
Wednesday March 27, 2019
- Dessert innovations 2019 – Fruity and delicious pink-hued chocolate
Ruby chocolate is the first new natural colour for chocolate since Nestlé unveiled white chocolate more than 80 years ago.
Friday March 22, 2019
- Hottest free-from dishes 2019 – Cauliflower, the versatile veg making pizza healthy
Cauliflower crust pizza has become so popular that one is sold every three seconds in the USA.
Wednesday March 13, 2019
- The bountiful varieties of coffee-based beverages
One of the reasons coffee continues to be popular is because there are so many varieties.
Thursday March 7, 2019
- Dessert innovations 2019 – the delectable combination of the macaron ice cream sandwich
According to research from Mintel, ice cream sandwiches are one of the most popular ways to eat ice cream.
Wednesday February 27, 2019
- The mis-leading term – biodegradable plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Are biodegradable plastics the answer to ocean plastic pollution?’
Tuesday February 26, 2019
- What is organic food and why has it become so popular?
According to the Soil Association sales of organic food to caterers grew almost 8 per cent to £90.9 million in the UK in 2018.
Monday February 25, 2019
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox