Tag: Sustainable Future
- Bunzl Catering Supplies product giving to In Kind Direct tops £1 million
Two recent donations from Bunzl Catering Supplies have pushed the estimated donation value fto In Kind Direct to £1,049,000 – that’s over 1 million pounds.
Monday March 9, 2020
- FPA AWARDS NIGHT 2020 – Bunzl Catering Supplies receive ‘Highly Commended’ for Sustainable Future Footprint Tool
Bunzl Catering Supplies receive ‘Highly Commended’ recognition in the Sustainability Award category for its Sustainable Future Footprint Tool.
Friday March 6, 2020
- Sustainable Future: Why a transparent, national approach is required to end the confusion that exists around recycling in public spaces and at home.
National funding is crucial to create a lasting and successful transition away from a linear approach to the way we use materials.
Monday February 24, 2020
- New recycling label rules in On-Pack Recycling Label scheme
New rules governing OPRL’s recycling labels will see a move to a binary labelling system: ‘Recycle’ or ‘Don’t Recycle’, giving greater transparency on the final fate of packaging.
Wednesday February 12, 2020
- New Sustain and Revive point-of-sale information demonstrates sustainability is top-of-mind for catering operators
To support catering operators using Sustain and Revive we’ve produced a point-of-sale poster for each brand that tells consumers what type of food packaging is being used on site and how, disposed of correctly, it can be composted or recycled at its end of life.
Monday January 27, 2020
- New Sustainable Future factsheet explains the ban on plastic straws and stirrers and how it will affect operators in the catering and hospitality industry.
A new factsheet that explains to customers the implications of the forthcoming EU and UK legislation that will ban or severely restrict the use of single use plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds.
Wednesday January 22, 2020
- Sustainable Future: How can we ensure we embed only credible, sustainable single-use food packaging solutions into the catering and hospitality industry?
We advise customers to embed only credible, sustainable packaging alternatives, as BBC News article warns that consumer pressure to end plastic packaging could actually harm environment.
Friday January 10, 2020
- Sustainable Future: Why we must ask robust questions of single-use food packaging marketed as ‘biodegradable’ or ‘plastic-free’
Why we must ask robust questions of single-use food packaging marketed as ‘biodegradable’ or ‘plastic-free’ before introducing them into a catering operation.
Tuesday December 31, 2019
- Sustainable Future Report 2019 Highlights Innovation
Sustainable Future 2019 report highlights innovative solutions in response to complex legislative change.
Monday December 16, 2019
- Sustainable Future Supplier Forum 2019
Our third annual Sustainable Future Supplier Forum hosted an engaging product expo and an expert-panel discussion on the theme of material responsibility and product innovation.
Monday November 18, 2019
- Sustainable Future: Why is there a global shortage of PLA and how will it affect the catering and hospitality industry?
We are talking to our customers about practical product alternatives to negate any affects of the current shortage of PLA material.
Monday November 4, 2019
- Bunzl support Edinburgh #InTheLoop
Edinburgh #InTheLoop – UK’s biggest collaborative approach to recycling on-the-go arrives in Scotland
Wednesday October 23, 2019
- New factsheets on how food packaging legislation affects catering operators
Three new factsheets on single-use food packaging explain how latest legislation affects operators in the catering and hospitality industry.
Friday August 23, 2019
- Sustainable Future: The Circular Economy and what it means for how we work together.
Sustainable Future: The Circular Economy and what it means for how we work together.
Tuesday June 18, 2019
- 100% recycled Revive salad containers for seasonal Summer eats.
We have launched a new 100% recycled salad container, as part of our Revive range of recycled and recyclable food packaging.
Tuesday June 11, 2019
- Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Monday May 20, 2019
- Bunzl support ‘Air We Share’ project. How does air pollution affect us?
Bunzl support ‘Air We Share’ project. How does air pollution affect us?
Wednesday May 15, 2019
- Success of ground-breaking recycling on-the-go trial sparks expansion into Scotland and Wales
Success of ground-breaking recycling on-the-go trial sparks expansion into Scotland and Wales.
Friday May 10, 2019
- How compostable packaging products are technically plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Is compostable packaging the best alternative to plastic packaging in catering and hospitality?’
Friday April 5, 2019
- The mis-leading term – biodegradable plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Are biodegradable plastics the answer to ocean plastic pollution?’
Tuesday February 26, 2019
- First Sustainable Future Customer Forums in 2019 debates proposed legislation on single-use packaging and explores how catering operators might best embrace changes
First Customer Forum in 2019 explored the raft of new legislation and reform around single-use packaging.
Friday February 15, 2019
- The Defra Resources and Waste Strategy
In the latest Ask the Expert blog Joanna Gilroy talks about the Defra Resources and Waste Strategy.
Tuesday January 15, 2019
- The growing demand for reusable foodservice products
An important shift in on-the-go drink consumption has taken place and it’s all happened very quickly.
Friday December 14, 2018
- Faerch Plast UK to launch 100% recycled PET products
Our supplier Faerch Plast will shortly launch a range of food packaging products manufactured from 100% recycled PET.
Wednesday November 28, 2018
- FPA calls for an end to the term biodegradable
Following soundings with the UK packaging sector FPA is calling for an end to the description ’biodegradable’.
Friday November 23, 2018
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox