- Future Smart™ Fibre Lids provide sustainable alternative to plastic lids
A range of plant-based lids called Future Smart Fibre Lids. provide catering and hospitality operators a viable alternative to single use plastic lids.
Friday March 20, 2020
- Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division win Foodbuy Supply Chain Partner of the Year 2020.
Jointly we are leading the way to a sustainable future within the hospitality sector. We are delighted to have been recognised for our work by winning the Foodbuy Supply Chain Partner of The Year award.
Wednesday March 11, 2020
- FPA AWARDS NIGHT 2020 – Bunzl Catering Supplies receive ‘Highly Commended’ for Sustainable Future Footprint Tool
Bunzl Catering Supplies receive ‘Highly Commended’ recognition in the Sustainability Award category for its Sustainable Future Footprint Tool.
Friday March 6, 2020
- Sustainable Future: Why a transparent, national approach is required to end the confusion that exists around recycling in public spaces and at home.
National funding is crucial to create a lasting and successful transition away from a linear approach to the way we use materials.
Monday February 24, 2020
- Sustainable Future: How can we ensure we embed only credible, sustainable single-use food packaging solutions into the catering and hospitality industry?
We advise customers to embed only credible, sustainable packaging alternatives, as BBC News article warns that consumer pressure to end plastic packaging could actually harm environment.
Friday January 10, 2020
- Sustainable Future: Why we must ask robust questions of single-use food packaging marketed as ‘biodegradable’ or ‘plastic-free’
Why we must ask robust questions of single-use food packaging marketed as ‘biodegradable’ or ‘plastic-free’ before introducing them into a catering operation.
Tuesday December 31, 2019
- Sustainable Future Report 2019 Highlights Innovation
Sustainable Future 2019 report highlights innovative solutions in response to complex legislative change.
Monday December 16, 2019
- Sustainable Future: Why is there a global shortage of PLA and how will it affect the catering and hospitality industry?
We are talking to our customers about practical product alternatives to negate any affects of the current shortage of PLA material.
Monday November 4, 2019
- Huhtamaki New Compostable Double Wall Cup
Huhtamaki New Compostable Double Wall Cup – uses 25% less material than most other smooth walled double and triple walled cups.
Monday July 22, 2019
- Healthy Summer dishes served in new Aspect and Jewel packaging.
Two new cold food packaging ranges, from our supplier Klöckner Pentaplast, called Aspect and Jewel, have been launched.
Thursday June 27, 2019
- Sustainable Future: The Circular Economy and what it means for how we work together.
Sustainable Future: The Circular Economy and what it means for how we work together.
Tuesday June 18, 2019
- 100% recycled Revive salad containers for seasonal Summer eats.
We have launched a new 100% recycled salad container, as part of our Revive range of recycled and recyclable food packaging.
Tuesday June 11, 2019
- Bunzl teams up with environmental charity looking to clean up the air for families and workers.
Bunzl teams up with environmental charity looking to clean up the air for families and workers.
Tuesday May 28, 2019
- Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Monday May 20, 2019
- Bunzl support ‘Air We Share’ project. How does air pollution affect us?
Bunzl support ‘Air We Share’ project. How does air pollution affect us?
Wednesday May 15, 2019
- Success of ground-breaking recycling on-the-go trial sparks expansion into Scotland and Wales
Success of ground-breaking recycling on-the-go trial sparks expansion into Scotland and Wales.
Friday May 10, 2019
- How compostable packaging products are technically plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Is compostable packaging the best alternative to plastic packaging in catering and hospitality?’
Friday April 5, 2019
- The mis-leading term – biodegradable plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Are biodegradable plastics the answer to ocean plastic pollution?’
Tuesday February 26, 2019
- What is organic food and why has it become so popular?
According to the Soil Association sales of organic food to caterers grew almost 8 per cent to £90.9 million in the UK in 2018.
Monday February 25, 2019
- New Sustainable Future factsheets address most common questions on single-use packaging and sustainability
New Sustainable Future factsheets address most common questions on single-use packaging and sustainability
Monday February 25, 2019
- First Sustainable Future Customer Forums in 2019 debates proposed legislation on single-use packaging and explores how catering operators might best embrace changes
First Customer Forum in 2019 explored the raft of new legislation and reform around single-use packaging.
Friday February 15, 2019
- The Defra Resources and Waste Strategy
In the latest Ask the Expert blog Joanna Gilroy talks about the Defra Resources and Waste Strategy.
Tuesday January 15, 2019
- FPA calls for an end to the term biodegradable
Following soundings with the UK packaging sector FPA is calling for an end to the description ’biodegradable’.
Friday November 23, 2018
- Bunzl plc joins with industry leaders to support #LeedsByExample
As part of Bunzl plc, we will be supporting Hubbub’s #LeedsByExample campaign.
Friday October 12, 2018
- Sustainable Future 2018 e-brochure launches with a commitment to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Our Sustainable Future 2018 e-brochure launches with a commitment to UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Wednesday September 26, 2018
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox