- 2.1 million materials back #InTheLoop thanks to on-the-go recycling in Leeds, Swansea and Edinburgh backed by Bunzl Catering Supplies
2.1 million cans, plastic and glass bottles and coffee cups were collected and recycled across three pilot projects to tackle on-the-go waste in Leeds, Swansea and Edinburgh.
Friday October 23, 2020
- Sustainable Future: Why a transparent, national approach is required to end the confusion that exists around recycling in public spaces and at home.
National funding is crucial to create a lasting and successful transition away from a linear approach to the way we use materials.
Monday February 24, 2020
- New recycling label rules in On-Pack Recycling Label scheme
New rules governing OPRL’s recycling labels will see a move to a binary labelling system: ‘Recycle’ or ‘Don’t Recycle’, giving greater transparency on the final fate of packaging.
Wednesday February 12, 2020
- ‘Pause’ – new Diamond Impresso double wall hot cups
Take time out to ‘pause’ for coffee with a brand-new diamond emboss Impresso hot cup from our partner supplier Huhtamaki.
Monday December 30, 2019
- #LeedsByExample – One Year On
During the Leeds By Example project 1.2 million coffee cups, 140,000 cans and 160,000 bottles were recycled and the quality has been better than other on-the-go recycling schemes.
Tuesday December 3, 2019
- Bunzl support Edinburgh #InTheLoop
Edinburgh #InTheLoop – UK’s biggest collaborative approach to recycling on-the-go arrives in Scotland
Wednesday October 23, 2019
- Swansea #InTheLoop recycling initiative
UK’s biggest collaborative approach to recycling on-the-go arrives in Swansea supported by Bunzl.
Wednesday September 11, 2019
- Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Sustainable Future: The importance of an effective waste management system.
Monday May 20, 2019
- Success of ground-breaking recycling on-the-go trial sparks expansion into Scotland and Wales
Success of ground-breaking recycling on-the-go trial sparks expansion into Scotland and Wales.
Friday May 10, 2019
- Collaborative cup recycling
Our supplier of disposables and food packaging Huhtamaki on their collaborative cup recycling projects.
Thursday January 31, 2019
- The Defra Resources and Waste Strategy
In the latest Ask the Expert blog Joanna Gilroy talks about the Defra Resources and Waste Strategy.
Tuesday January 15, 2019
- Bunzl plc joins with industry leaders to support #LeedsByExample
As part of Bunzl plc, we will be supporting Hubbub’s #LeedsByExample campaign.
Friday October 12, 2018
- reCUP™ – a fully recyclable paper cup made with 48 per cent less plastic
Bunzl Catering Supplies has added the reCUP™ from supplier Cup Print to its portfolio of sustainable paper cup options.
Wednesday May 16, 2018
- Government respond to plastic waste with enquiry into single-use foodservice packaging
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Why is it important for the catering and hospitality industry to develop and improve recycling habits?’ And here’s what she told us…
Monday December 4, 2017
- Bunzl Catering Supplies joins with industry partners to pioneer the Square Mile Challenge in London
In April 2017 Bunzl Catering Supplies joined with key supply chain partners and leading retailers to launch the Square Mile Challenge at London’s Liverpool Street Station and The Royal Exchange, with the full support of the City of London Corporation.
Tuesday May 16, 2017
- Packaging Innovations Exhibition
On Thursday 2 March, our Head of Sustainability, Jo Gilroy will be speaking at Packaging Innovations exhibition in Birmingham. Presenting in the Ecopack Theatre at 2.50pm, Jo will be talking around the topic of ‘making the consumer integral in the recycling process’. Ecopack, along with Contact Pack, is part of the Packaging Innovations exhibition and […]
Tuesday February 7, 2017
- Disposable paper cup recycling challenge launched for London’s Square Mile
This April, charity group Hubbub, in partnership with Simply Cups will begin the Square Mile Challenge, a project to collect and recycle disposable paper cups in the City of London. During the event, Hubbub aims to collect over half a million disposable cups in just one month. Once collected the cups will be sent to […]
Friday February 3, 2017
- Dealing with plastic packaging responsibly
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘What are some of the proactive steps that food operators can take to deal with plastic packaging responsibly?’ And here’s what she told us…
Friday December 16, 2016
- Waste less and live more
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘How do you go about wasting less?’ And here’s what she told us…
Tuesday October 18, 2016
- Zero Waste Week: Keep Calm and Use Data Wisely
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘What’s your number one tip for a successful recycling initiative?’ And here’s what she told us…
Friday September 9, 2016
- Recycling PE Lined Paper Cups in the UK
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘What are your customer’s FAQs on paper cup recycling?’ And here’s what she told us…
Wednesday August 24, 2016
- A Journey to Zero Waste, the Simply Cups Scheme on Video
As founding members of the Simply Cups Scheme, Bunzl Catering Supplies has today launched a short video that explains to its customers how the Simply Cups scheme works. Filmed in London with Bunzl Catering Supplies Customer Sustainability Manager, Jo Gilroy and Closed Loop Environmental Solutions Director, Peter Goodwin, the 3:07 minute video outlines how the […]
Wednesday April 27, 2016
- Foodservice Packaging Association response to disposable coffee cup issue
In response to recent news coverage on the issue of paper cup recycling the Foodservice Packaging Association (FPA) has issued a press release that includes a statement from the Paper Cup Recovery and Recycling Group (PCRRG):
Friday March 18, 2016
- Simply Cups Members Event Video
Video footage from a unique member’s event in June has been made into an engaging video about the Simply Cups initiative. The video includes commentary from a number of key members, including new member Bunzl Catering Supplies, represented by Joanna Gilroy, Strategic Customer Sustainability Manager.
Monday August 17, 2015
- Recycling symbols – the great unknown
A rather unsettling moment in life and one we have all experienced, probably more frequently than we care to admit, is when we discover that what we thought we knew we actually didn’t know at all. We encounter an ‘unknown unknown’, or in other words, something we didn’t know we didn’t know.
Tuesday August 11, 2015
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox