Tag: Joanna Gilroy
- How compostable packaging products are technically plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Is compostable packaging the best alternative to plastic packaging in catering and hospitality?’
Friday April 5, 2019
- The mis-leading term – biodegradable plastic
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Are biodegradable plastics the answer to ocean plastic pollution?’
Tuesday February 26, 2019
- First Sustainable Future Customer Forums in 2019 debates proposed legislation on single-use packaging and explores how catering operators might best embrace changes
First Customer Forum in 2019 explored the raft of new legislation and reform around single-use packaging.
Friday February 15, 2019
- The Defra Resources and Waste Strategy
In the latest Ask the Expert blog Joanna Gilroy talks about the Defra Resources and Waste Strategy.
Tuesday January 15, 2019
- The growing demand for reusable foodservice products
An important shift in on-the-go drink consumption has taken place and it’s all happened very quickly.
Friday December 14, 2018
- Sustainable Future 2018 e-brochure launches with a commitment to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Our Sustainable Future 2018 e-brochure launches with a commitment to UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Wednesday September 26, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies Sustainable Future Product Showcase
On Wednesday 12 September, Bunzl Catering Supplies hosted its second Sustainable Future Product Showcase.
Thursday September 20, 2018
- Is The Only Way Forward a Tax on Plastic?
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Will Treasury taxes on single use packaging products really fix the problem and help to resolve the Ocean Plastic crisis?’
Tuesday August 28, 2018
- The Material Responsible Economy
We asked our Sustainability expert, Joanna Gilroy, ‘What is material responsibility – and how can it help foodservice operators switch their packaging products to a more sustainable option?’
Tuesday July 24, 2018
- The must-ask questions on Sustainable foodservice packaging
We asked our Sustainability expert ‘How does a foodservice operator identify innovative foodservice packaging solutions that are truly sustainable, when disposed of in their current waste management system?’
Tuesday May 15, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies shortlisted for the Footprint Awards 2018
The shortlist for the Footprint Awards 2018 has been announced and we’re excited to report that Bunzl Catering Supplies is shortlisted for the Stakeholder Engagement Award category.
Wednesday April 11, 2018
- Overcoming the Single-use Mindset
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘What is a single-use mindset and why is it important that operators in the catering and hospitality industry overcome it?’ And here’s what she told us… Since the airing of the British nature documentary series on marine life, Blue Planet II, the […]
Wednesday February 21, 2018
- Government respond to plastic waste with enquiry into single-use foodservice packaging
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Why is it important for the catering and hospitality industry to develop and improve recycling habits?’ And here’s what she told us…
Monday December 4, 2017
- The serious issue of plastic waste in our oceans
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘How does plastic waste end up in our oceans, and how can we help to reduce it?’ And here’s what she told us…
Wednesday October 25, 2017
- The responsible disposal of single-use drinking straws
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). Drinking straws are the latest disposable (single-use) foodservice product to hit the headlines, we asked our Sustainability expert ‘If we want to reduce their negative impact on the environment should we stop using them, switch to another material type – or something else?’ And here’s what she told […]
Monday October 2, 2017
- Shifting conventional plastics into the renewable resource arena
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘what are ‘drop-in’ bio-plastics?’ And here’s what she told us…
Tuesday September 12, 2017
- Sustainable Future 2017 e-brochure highlights collaboration and innovation
Bunzl Catering Supplies is delighted to launch its Sustainable Future 2017 e-brochure – a new 52-page document that presents the business’s evolving sustainability framework under its three key pillars: people, customers and suppliers.
Wednesday August 2, 2017
- Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division’s Joanna Gilroy wins BusinessGreen Sustainability Executive of the Year Award.
On 28 June, Joanna Gilroy, Head of Sustainability at Bunzl Catering Supplies, won the Sustainability Executive of the Year award at the BusinessGreen Leaders Awards. Held at The Brewery in London, this award recognises the individual who has delivered the greatest improvements in environmental performance and helped to make sustainability central to their company’s overall […]
Monday July 10, 2017
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox