Friday November 11, 2022
CleanWorks® ProEco compostable cloths provide a certified compostable wiping solution.
Bunzl Catering Supplies is excited to launch exclusive brand CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloths, a certified compostable wiping solution that reduces environmental impact, whilst ensuring optimal safety and hygiene in food preparation areas.
Manufactured in the UK, CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloths are produced with 100% compostable fibres from PEFC (Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) certified sources, and are certified as compostable according to EN 13432. This means that when the cloth is thoroughly rinsed and disposed of in a dedicated green waste bin and sent to a commercial composting facility, the cloth will break down into reusable compost within a 12-week period.
FCC certified (Food Contact Clearance), CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloths are safe to use in food service establishments. To reduce the risk of cross contamination, the wipes are colour coded according to HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) norms.
The outer packaging of the CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloth has also been designed with sustainability in mind. The compostable polybag wrapper has a special peelable label – which can be easily removed before the wrapper is placed in a dedicated green waste bin. Additionally, the outer cardboard packaging is made from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified materials.
Key features & benefits:
- Made from sustainably sourced 100% Viscose*/ wood pulp fibres from PEFC certified sources
- Tested and certified as compostable (EN13432)
- Can be used with a variety of chemical solvents, and after rinsing-out can be disposed in a green waste bin*
- Film wrap packaging tested and certified compostable, made from Biopolymers (e.g. starch)
- Food Contact Cleared (FCC) certified required for food prep areas
- Colour coded using natural inks (dull/light colours) to support HACCP guidelines
- Can be used in combination with most chemicals and solvents
- Not just single use – limited life cloth (one shift and dispose)
Generally, disposable cloths are made of synthetic fibres, like polyester and polypropylene that cannot be recycled, and can increase waste to landfill. Made from bio-based raw materials, which are fully compostable; CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloths are helping reduce landfill waste and answering waste management concerns.
CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloths joins a larger range of CleanWorks cloths and microfibre cloths that provide superior performance and quick and efficient cleaning in the catering and hospitality industry.
For more information about CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloths please contact us today – or click here.
*Always check that the green waste bin is going to an industrial composting facility.
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox