Thursday February 16, 2017
In December 2014 the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation (FIR) came into force, requiring foodservice operators to provide allergen information for all food on the premises. In back-of-house areas, or anywhere that food is prepared, it͛s important to ensure that all allergens are labelled correctly (throughout each stage of preparation) for the safety of your customers and to prevent contamination.
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans, for example prawns: crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts, namely: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphites and sulphur dioxide
As part of our food safety and hygiene range, we provide back-of-house allergen labelling to ensure that food containing one or more of the 14 major allergens is easily identifiable.
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/bunzlcatering.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/untitled-theme/single.php on line 77