Month: April 2018
- Back-of-house food safety – FIR compliance and labelling
As part of the Food Information Regulations (FIR) introduced in December 2014, foodservice operators are required to provide information on the 14 major allergens if they are present in the food they serve.
Monday April 30, 2018
- Cuisines from around the world 2018 – say hola! to tapas
In 2018, we predict that Spanish food will continue to ascent onto UK menus, and a key part of its success will be due to tapas. Originating in Spain, tapas comprise of a wide variety of appetisers or snacks served in small portions alongside a drink.
Thursday April 26, 2018
- Our People: Emma Powell – trekking through the Vietnamese jungle
On 13 March 2018, 27 volunteers from businesses in the catering and hospitality industry began a once in a lifetime trek with charity Springboard to help a local community in Vietnam.
Monday April 16, 2018
- rPET DeliLite® – a Solo Sustainable Solution
Our supplier Dart Products Europe have launched the rPET DeliLite®, which is a range of high quality, lightweight and economical containers and lids, that offer a firm lid fit, reducing the risk of spills and leakages, helping to keep the contents fresh.
Friday April 13, 2018
- How having a rationalised core-range of cleaning products can benefit catering and hospitality operators
We asked our Cleanline expert Rod Hale ‘Why are Cleanline Super Concentrated products recommended as a rationalised range of cleaning products?’
Thursday April 12, 2018
- Bunzl Catering Supplies shortlisted for the Footprint Awards 2018
The shortlist for the Footprint Awards 2018 has been announced and we’re excited to report that Bunzl Catering Supplies is shortlisted for the Stakeholder Engagement Award category.
Wednesday April 11, 2018
- A New Modular First Aid System Suitable for Catering Environments
A critical health and safety requirement for any business is that they have first aid kits. This obligation is particularly important for catering and hospitality establishments, which are categorised as a high-risk industry.
Thursday April 5, 2018
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox