Month: December 2017
- Keeping food safe with the Thermapen IR combination thermometer
When cooking dishes for your customers to eat there are two main priorities – the first is that the food is safe for consumption and the second is that the food is cooked to specification.
Thursday December 21, 2017
- The choices are plentiful with plastic soufflé portion containers & lids
Offering consumers’ plenty of choice on the menu, and serving food in quality packaging with consistency, is a key aspect to success in today’s competitive foodservice market. An article on the RSM website called Top trends to watch in restaurants in 2017 suggests that, “Branding [in foodservice]…starts with creative menu options, the quality of the […]
Wednesday December 20, 2017
- Increase your cleaning efficiency with the UNGER erGO! clean All-in-one Advanced Floor Cleaning System
According to online publication HSE (Health and Safety Executive), slips and trips comprise 35 per cent of ‘major’ injuries in the food and drink industries (e.g. causing a broken arm or requiring hospitalisation).
Tuesday December 19, 2017
- Celebrate the season with Sweetbird Sugar-free Gingerbread syrup
This winter season, the drink of choice on coffee shop menus is the gingerbread latte. The drink has become so popular with consumers that a recent Starbucks Twitter poll revealed that the gingerbread latte was the consumers favourite winter hot drink in 2016 (up 34 per cent on the second favourite, toffee nut latte).
Monday December 18, 2017
- Food On-The-Go Trend 2017 – Savoury yoghurt is the new sweet
Sweet yoghurt (often filled with sugar) is being pushed aside in favour of yoghurt with savoury ingredients and toppings, like spices, olive oil, cucumbers, pulses, beans, seeds, and garlic.
Friday December 15, 2017
- How to avoid a norovirus outbreak with The Oxivir Body Spillage Kit
As if the chilly weather, dark mornings and runny nose weren’t enough to deal with this winter, the season has another down side – the winter vomiting bug.
Thursday December 14, 2017
- Bunzl Catering Supplies headline sponsor the inaugural waste2zero Awards
On Wednesday 6 December, Bunzl Catering Supplies headline sponsored the inaugural waste2zero Awards, held at the Ham Yard Hotel in London.
Monday December 11, 2017
- PRISTINE hand soaps with new spa-inspired formulations
Consumers continue to be concerned about potential side-effects of artificial substances sometimes used in skincare products, such as parabens, petrochemicals and toxins. Euromonitor predicts that consumers are increasingly seek out a ‘greener approach’ looking for products that do not harm their skin, and are kinder to the environment.
Tuesday December 5, 2017
- Government respond to plastic waste with enquiry into single-use foodservice packaging
Ask the Expert: Jo Gilroy (Head of Sustainability). We asked our Sustainability expert ‘Why is it important for the catering and hospitality industry to develop and improve recycling habits?’ And here’s what she told us…
Monday December 4, 2017
Innovate e-updates signup
Signup to our monthly Innovate e-updates, the latest news and insight delivered straight to your inbox